KESHI IS STILL EAGLE'S COACH

After Monday's super eagles loss to France, alongside Enyeama and Yobo retirement from the National football team, Rumours have been going around that Steven Keshi (the big boss) had retired.
Even though Keshi said: "It's time for me to go back to my family and face fresh challenges." An NFF spokesman has come out and said: "Coach Keshi has not submitted an official resignation letter. He was not employed in the mixed zone [after the France game] or on Facebook."
He was also quoted from a different source to have said: ““What I said to my players was that this may be my last match at the helm of affairs in the national team, because my contract terminates with the World Cup and I have not been offered a new one.
“I was a bit shocked that the global media went to town to say I have called it quits with the national team. Resignations are not done on the pages of newspapers but formally,” he said.
It has also been ascertained that Keshi does not have a Twitter account and the alleged tweet where he says he is done is not from him.
Keshi, who took over the reins of the Nigeria national team in 2011, led the side to glory at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
He then resigned barely 24 hours after his finest hour as a coach before rescinding that decision shortly afterwards.
The Nigeria Football Federation has yet to officially react to the latest situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW THE LIBERIAN GOVERMENT CLEARED THE MAN WHO BROUGHT EBOLA TO NIGERIA

97 years old rapist declared not fit for trial

THE ERROR OF A SECOND